Frequently Asked Questions
What is the North Georgia Potter’s House like?
We provide a safe, loving, peaceful and Godly environment. We laugh together, cry together, pray together, play together and worship together. We minister to the whole person and help our ladies to become the well-rounded women of God that He originally intended for them to be. We prepare them to become productive members of society and to become good mothers, wives, friends and citizens.
How long is the program?
Our program is seven months in duration. During that time, our ladies are not allowed to work because our main focus is on their spiritual needs. We teach them who they are in Christ and how to walk in victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. We prepare them to stand firm when they graduate and be productive members of society.
What are the requirements for acceptance?
- You must be between the ages of 25 and 45
- You must be broken, sick and tired of your old life and at the end of yourself
- You cannot be on any mental health medications
- You must have a good attitude and be willing to do whatever it takes to have a new life
- You must be able to walk 3 miles 3 times a week and be able to do other physical exercises and chores
- You must be eager and willing to learn the Word of God and do Bible studies and homework
- You cannot smoke, vape or wear nicotine patches
- You cannot have contact with males other than immediate family members – no boyfriends
- You must be submissive to authority and be able to follow rules with a good attitude
- You cannot have any major health issues, including eating disorders
- You cannot have any face piercings
- You must make the call to set up a face-to-face interview – a family member cannot do this for you unless you are in jail – then the family member can make the initial contact
- You must agree to drug testing at any time
How much does the program cost?
We ask for $200 a month. Almost all of our ladies are able to provide this donation through family members, friends or churches.
What do I need to bring?
Click here to download the Supply List (PDF Format)